Sunday, June 3, 2007

Welcome, Burlingtons!

Pamela says: I started this blog so we can all have a communal spot to meet online, share family news and history, build an archive, post pictures and discuss anything of interest to the Burlington family. All are welcome and are urged to participate. I hope we get some good dialogs going. So step on in!
--Pamela Somers

Patsy says: Hello Burlington Family! It was with great pride and joy that I gathered with my Mother,Mary Burlington to attend the Celebration of Life of Doris Burlington.It was wonderful to be with the cousins who came and to share family memories.Our ancestors were with us in spirit and as I said a prayer at my grandparents' graves, I thought of my grandaughter, Ella, who was named after Grandma Burlington.Much love to all,especially to Walter and Craig. Patsy Burlington Madden, daughter of Mary and William Burlington.
----Patsy Burlington Madden

Bob says: I'm happy that you've started this blog. Cousin Julianne sent me the memorial program for Aunt Doris and she mentioned that there was "something" online. I think your blog is a great idea. I did some geneology work years ago which I shared with your mother. I think she sent it on to everyone. I have also came across a book by Grandpa Burlington "The Outdoor Heritage of New Jersey" written in 1937 when he was Executive Secretary of the NJ Fish and Game Commission. It's an interesting little book which describes all the different wild species in NJ and which emphasizes the need for education about wild animals and the environment. I think there are copies available on amazon.com, but I would be happy to sent my copy to you.
----Bob Burlington

16 comments:

  1. Hello Burlington Family!
    It was with great pride and joy that I gathered with my Mother,Mary Burlington to attend the Celebration of Life of Doris Burlington.It was wonderful to be with the cousins who came and to share family memories.Our ancestors were with us in spirit and as I said a prayer at my grandparents'graves,I thought of my grandaughter,Ella, who was named after Grandma Burlington.Much love to all,especially to Walter and Craig. Patsy Burlington Madden,daughter of Mary and William Burlington

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pamela,

    I'm happy that you've started this blog.

    Cousin Julianne sent me the memorial program for Aunt Doris and she mentioned that there was "something" online. I think your blog is a great idea.

    I did some geneology work years ago which I shared with your mother. I think she sent it on to everyone. I have also came across a book by Grandpa Burlington "The Outdoor Heritage of New Jersey" written in 1937 when he was Executive Secretary of the NJ Fish and Game Commission. It's an interesting little book which describes all the different wild species in NJ and which emphasizes the need for education about wild animals and the environment. I think there are copies available on amazon.com, but I would be happy to sent my copy to you.

    My sister Carol has saved lots of pictures of the family. Maybe I can upload some of them to your blog. One picture is of Grandpa and Grandma Burlington at the wedding of my parents (1936).

    My email is burlaw@aol.com

    My best wishes to you and your family.

    Cousin Robert (Bobby)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving Blessings to all of the Burlington family! love,Patsy Burlington Madden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam and all......

    Am enjoying the Burlington Blog and so appreciate you starting it and keeping it going.

    I have some pictures of Walter III and of his new wife and son. Son came first then the wife......

    My email address is wburlington@aol.com. Would you please let me know how to add to this blog?

    Thanks and take care,

    Love,

    Austy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi fellow Burlingtons!

    Greetings from Malcolm and Elizabeth Burlington from Corby, Northants,
    England.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I accidentaly came across this blog. What a nice suprise! Tor

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this blog! I miss Alice so much, but this always lifts me to a place where she is. thanks Pam! love Mayr

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking about Doris....How wonderful she was to me. And wondering how Walter and his son is doing.

    Doreen Monahan - California

    ReplyDelete
  9. whats up everyone


    just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


    hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello


    Just saying hello while I read through the posts


    hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello

    It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Burlington Family blog is wonderful...so professional,thanks to Pam Somers.
    My mother Mary Burlington recently welcomed her 13th great-grandchild,Molly McAllister Finnerty,granddaughter of Sheila Burlington and Ray Finnerty.
    I have some pictures to post but need help! love to all,Patsy Burlington Madden

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, possibly this post is not on topic but in any event, I have been browsing about your site and it looks really neat. It is easy to see I am creating a new blog and I am struggling to make it look great, and supply excellent subject matter. I have learned a lot here and I look forward to additional updates and will be returning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FROM ALICE BURLINGTON BATTERSBY (ALI)
    I'm very happy to be a part of this blog and the BURLINGTON family

    ReplyDelete
  15. I SO enjoyed learning more about
    Cindy and Pamela. I did write on that site, but not sure if it got through? (I'm not an expert in computer proficiency!) Anyway hello to all,
    Ali
    Alice Burlington Battersby

    ReplyDelete
  16. I SO enjoyed learning more about
    Cindy and Pamela. I did write on that site, but not sure if it got through? (I'm not an expert in computer proficiency!) Anyway hello to all,
    Ali
    Alice Burlington Battersby

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment