Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, Burlingtons!

Not only has our blog been revamped, but the Burlington Family Archive has also been totally reorganized! It now contains a site for each branch of the Burlington family -- for each child of Ella and Harry J. Burlington -- Arthur, Joe, Ethel, Bill, Walter and Alice. When people from each of those branches contribute pictures or stories, they will initially go on the pages for their branch, so the contributor gets credit for them, then eventually they will get merged into the section where they belong. There are also separate links to special family events such as weddings, funerals and reunions.



We've recently added some great pictures of Joe Burlington's family that came from Anne and Gene Hoban. They can be found in the Joe Burlington section.

Craig Burlington also sent us some wonderful family pictures that can be found in the Burlington Family section, and also in the Walter Burlington section.

I've updated my mother's page with quite a few new old pictures that can be seen in the Alice Burlington section .

There are new pictures in the other sections as well, so be sure to look at each link. But we need more contributions, so please share your pictures and anecdotes with the family! We could use some more Keahon family photos in the Ethel Burlington section. And if you have any pics to add to the Bill Burlington section, they'll be especially appreciated, as many of his family's precious photos got lost during a move.

If you prefer to scan the pictures yourself, you can either email them to me or post them somewhere online (like Picasa or Flickr) where I can access them. If you do that, please make them as large as possible, and I'll size them down. Another option is to mail your pictures to me and I'll scan them and then return them (or send me copies).

Speaking of which, I've learned that my scanner is now out of date, and the newer models can actually do sharper scans of old photos, removing lint and cracks and other blemishes in the process. I'm requesting donations (see the bottom of this page) so I can purchase one of these new, "state of the art" scanners.

I should also mention that the Arthur Burlington section contains the original genealogy report that Bob Burlington had done quite a few years ago. We thank Bob for that, and we'd like to get more research done, so donations for that project are being accepted as well.

I wish you all the best in the upcoming year, and may we Burlingtons always find time to reunite in cyberspace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment