Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Memorial Service for Jeffrey Keahon

A Memorial Service for Jeffrey Keahon was held
on September 23, 2013
at the Wyman-Fisher Funeral Home
in Pearl River, NY

Speaker David Pedersen.
http://youtu.be/u_JVOXb76y4

Speaker Jim Murphy
http://youtu.be/B-Oe3d1T9EU

Pictures:
http://burlingtonfamily.com/EBK/HJK/index.html

Here are a few snippets from the many things I heard about Jeffrey that day:

"He was an expert on governance, an expert on Robert's Rules of Order. He understood the importance of a strong board. He formed the Governance Committee at Jawonio. No organization could buy his talents."

"He was one of a kind: there will never be another Jeffrey Keahon."

"Jeffrey was devastated when his mother left him. He shared with me that this had the greatest impact on his life, and who he became afterwards.  He helped those who have mental illnesses."

"He said that he experienced unconditional love with Angela. Angela, you were the love of his life. Without you he could not have done what he did, helping the tens of thousands that don't have a voice. He made his mother proud."

" He taught me lessons that I will never forget."

"He was always the champion of the voiceless and helpless."

"He told me that if you don't play in the game you're never going to make a difference. He was a tremendously compassionate person. I was never a Rotarian but I was always doing things behind the scenes, and that is how I got to know him and see who he was." (Andrew)

"Thank you for taking the time to speak with me and share your stories. It's been inspiring and amazing to hear so many stories. A lot of whom I am, I am because of him, because of the values I learned from him." (Brenda)

"Every time I think of  Jeff  I see the Big S and the cape. He was both Clark Kent and Superman, involved in so many causes." (Tracy)

My uncle was a scholar and a gentleman. He loved his country and he loved history. And he loved my Aunt Angela more than life itself. All he wanted was for her to be taken care of." (Garrett)

"One of the things I'm thankful for is the love Jeffrey showed for myself, my wife and my kids, which will  not be forgotten." (Will)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment